Who We Are
Wood Shop/Operations Support
New opportunity for an individual looking for a professional position with work-life balance and the ability to make a difference in the lives of others.
OSI is a private, non-profit organization serving individuals with intellectual, developmental, and mental health challenges in vocational training and placement programs. The Woodshop Supervisor is responsible for fulfilling production orders and maintaining the woodshop. The work schedule is generally 40 hours per week with no mandatory overtime, no weekends, and no holidays.
Woodworking, shop operation, and mechanical experience is required. A certificate or degree in a related field is preferred. Minimum requirements are high school diploma or GED and at least one-year work experience in industry or service occupations. Basic computer skills including email communications required.
Applicant must have the ability to produce work on a production schedule and be comfortable with Woodworking equipment.
The Woodshop Supervisor reports to the Production Manager-Redwood.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Support employee is essentially responsible for completion of the various types of work performed in the woodshop. The position encompasses all of the relevant functions associated with this work.
Specific Duties To Include:
- Assure that the work center is ready to operate before the client workday begins.
- Order and maintain inventory of wood and other necessary supplies for efficient woodshop operation.
- Ensure that the woodshop is safe, clean and orderly, including the wood pen and tool room.
- Ensure that the work being completed meets quality assurance standards.
- Responsible for receiving and documentation of twenty-four hours of appropriate staff training.
- Complete and submit required documentation electronically including work completed.
- Complete necessary paper work for production purposes such as inventory tags and order forms.
- Comply with other work related duties as directed by manager.
- Monitor equipment, supplies, and materials, advising manager or maintenance of needs.
- Preform minor machine maintenance including, adjustments, blade changes etc.
- Report any safety issues immediately to manager.
- Ability to meet production needs independently keeping customer demand in mind.
Employee must follow all OSI safety guidelines.
The purpose of this job description is to outline the structure within which this position is to operate and to assure a general understanding of the associated expectations. Throughout the course of performing job functions, it is essential that these job responsibilities are carried out within the larger framework of OSI’s strategic plan, as well as its Mission and Core Values. Employees are expected to be engaged in valuing and growing in these core values: Teamwork, Excellence, Integrity, Client-centeredness and Relationships.
The job functions listed are not intended to be exhaustive or to exclude activities that may fall under other duties as assigned. This job description will also be used as a tool to evaluate employee performance and assess the nature of the fit between the employee and the job functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.90 – $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chambersburg, PA 17201: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Have you applied for work with occupational services in the past? when?
- Woodworking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)